Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Bike Art

Here's a three-piece wall hanging I've been working on for my cousin's little boy. Each piece is 5" x 10", and they will be matted and framed to hang on the wall.

I was going for the "hand-drawn" look, so I avoided using a compass or protractor and kept the use of the straight-edge to a minimum. I am hoping it evokes the work of Garth Williams, whose illustrations of E.B. White's Stuart Little remain my benchmark for perfection.
Anyway, I was pretty pleased with them, when all was said and done.
x.

4 Comments:

At 4:38 PM , Blogger The re-awakening of an Athlete said...

Stumbled across your blog.

A bit interesting blog from what I read.

Congrats for hitting the nine month mark

 
At 12:04 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

Cool, I dig that a lot. The triptych look is fantastic ... and nice drawing skills. You should post some pictures of the finished/framed version.

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger katina said...

yeah, the drawings are way neat.

 
At 5:28 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Well, thank you very kindly. The pictures are going to Tennessee, so I will have to see if someone will photograph the final installation and send it to me to post.

x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home