Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Monday, February 04, 2008

Mashed Potatoes

That is as close as I can come to describing the consistency of the snow we are getting, right now. It was a little weird to ride on, and apparently slick as snot for the cars on the road.

I like riding during a snowfall, I just get tired of the snow hanging around, later. The flakes coming down make the ride seem quiet, and unhurried. Riding in the snow is peaceful. (Of course, it's also dangerous, since the people sliding around in the cars can't see you, very well, even if they maintain control of their vehicle. But, what's new?)

Anyway, I was having a good time on the way home, and it must have been pretty evident. I pulled up to the stop sign at 14th and Kearney, and had to wait for some traffic. A guy crossed the street, on foot, as I was sitting there.

"Man!" he exclaimed, "If they can't see that grin coming, there's something wrong with 'em!"

Then he repeated it, to himself, as he walked on.

I laughed, and crossed 14th into the King Soopers parking lot.

Grinning like an idiot: My normal state on a bike.

x

6 Comments:

At 7:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I rode an extra few miles today in the beautiful snow to reflect on all of the things that Sheldon Brown meant to all of us.... It was peaceful

 
At 9:04 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

Haha, I know the feeling. I try to wipe the goofy grin from my face when I arrive at work each morning, with varying degrees of success. Having fun is unprofessional, you know.

Red light green light: I hadn't heard about Sheldon Brown's death. Thanks for the heads up. This is sad news indeed, but what a great way to remember him.

 
At 9:46 PM , Blogger katina said...

'mashed taters...yummm..../

 
At 9:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link jon

 
At 11:29 AM , Blogger Brendan said...

That's a great quote, and a great story.

 
At 2:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea, sheldons passing was on harris cyclery's web site yesterday. hats off to the ultimate "the man."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home