Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Aaaah, That's More Like It!

Well, the cold overnight temperatures did consolidate the snow on the roads, leaving a beautifully rideable surface for me. I was feeling the love, on the way to the laboratory, this morning.

This afternoon, a lot of the road was clear, and the snowy part was still rideable. A fairly strong west wind was blowing, but I was mostly sheltered from it by the houses in the neighborhoods, trees, etc, and it didn't really affect me.

The snow showers predicted for the afternoon commute have yet to materialize, and the sky overhead was nice and blue as I rode home. Some days, I feel really sorry for the people who feel they have to drive. I get so much pleasure from my commute, and I remember what a pain in the rear it was to drive back and forth on Colorado Blvd (even on the motorbike).

I have to admit that I'm looking forward to warmer weather (mainly because it makes dressing for bike riding a lot simpler), but the cold is not nearly as much of a bother as people assume.

x

3 Comments:

At 5:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you forget your helmet this time??

 
At 6:44 AM , Blogger Jon said...

Heh, heh...

No, I remembered the helmet, this time.

 
At 1:30 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

Indeed ... occasionally I drive to work, and I always miss riding when I do.

I find darkness stops me from riding a lot more than cold does. One of these days maybe I'll get a great set of lights.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home