Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Black Chopper

I bought this aluminum cruiser off of the Walmart website, the other day. I had plans to install a wheel with a 7-speed internally geared hub, and some front brakes on it, rhen flip it to make a couple of bucks.


I liked the black frame/orange wheels combo, but I wasn't too fond of the decals. I don't really know why it is that all of the bikes sold in big-box stores have to be plastered with a dozen, or more, decals.

So, I pulled the decals off, and then, as I looked around the shop building, a lightbulb went on, above my head, just like in a cartoon.


I bolted on the bars I had gotten to use on the bike for Tony H's son-in-law, along with the machined alloy grips.


 Then, I mounted a set-back for the seat. (I will paint the new parts gloss black, this weekend.)


Voila ... a black chopper. I'm hoping that Tony's son-in-law likes it as much as I do. If not, I might just keep it and build him something else.

x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home