Two Wheels

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects including everything from fixed gear bicycles to hopped up motorcycles.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Another Bike, For Another Tony

Tony Gallagher, photographer extraordinaire, contacted me, last week, looking for a speedy commuter/city bike. "Speedy", as compared to his Schwinn 3-speed with ape-hangers and a banana seat, that is...

He came over and checked out what frames I had available, and he picked out one of my favorites, an all-chrome early '80s Ross Mt. Whitney. I have had that frame for years, and just recently pulled it out with the intention of building it up.


Deore DX wheels, Shimano 600 "Arabesque" derailleurs, vintage bar-end shifters, bikini fenders, Shimano brake levers, DX cantilevers, half-step plus a granny touring crank ... good stuff!


Tony picked it up, Sunday evening, with a smile on his face. Another happy customer!

x

4 Comments:

At 11:38 AM , Blogger Christopher said...

Nice looking bike, lucky guy!

 
At 1:36 PM , Blogger Wilson said...

You really have an eye for this sort of thing. That is sharp looking! I like those "bikini" fenders. Never heard of them and not sure they are as functional, but I like them! Additionally, I always like the like of a drop bar bicycle with fatter tires.

 
At 1:38 PM , Blogger Wilson said...

Um..that is...the "look" of a drop bar...not "like."
Cheers!

 
At 3:14 PM , Blogger Jon said...

I sorta made up the "bikini fender" label. They are more commonly referred to as "mini" fenders, but that covers a wide range of fender sizes. So, to be more specific, I started referring to these particular examples as bikini fenders, years ago.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home