Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Monday, January 14, 2013

First Bicycle Commute Of The new Year

I have had this weird dry-throat, cough and occasional low-grade fever thing going on since I got home from Pennsylvania, two weeks ago.  Because of the cold weather, I have been riding the motorbike to work, so that I wouldn't make the throat worse before our show at Larimer Lounge, tomorrow.

Today, however, it was a bit colder than I like for riding the motorbike, plus it was snowing when I got up.  So, I grabbed the Red Menace and bundled up like an Eskimo for the ride in.  I was actually pretty comfortable on the way in.

My face got a bit cold, on the way home, because I didn't wear my balaclava.  The temperature had warmed up, and the sun was out, so I figured I could get away without that layer.

Here is a self-portait that I took on my front porch, when I got home:


I don't know if you can make out the temperature on the thermometer, but it is reading a balmy 20 degrees above zero...which is 30 degrees warmer than when I left the house, this morning.  Still cold, though, as is evidenced by the ice in my mustache.

I'll probably ride the motorbike, tomorrow, since the show is tomorrow night, and I would rather not put the physical effort out, in the cold, before the show.

x

6 Comments:

At 5:41 PM , Blogger Pondero said...

Planning your bicycle outings around being a blues star, eh?

The price of fame...

 
At 7:41 PM , Blogger Wilson said...

I get temp swings like that as well. Makes me hesitate in the morning but I never regret being on the bicycle for the ride home. Favorite part of my day.

 
At 8:40 AM , Blogger Jon said...

Chris: I like to rock, as well as roll.

Wilson: I like the 45 degree mornings with 75 degree evenings a bet better, though...

 
At 3:36 PM , Blogger Big Oak said...

Yes, "but it's a dry cold!" right? Still pretty cold.

We've been trapped at only 20 to 30 temps - nothing higher or lower (except it did get up to 60 for about 15 minutes this past Sunday).

But not bad at all for riding.

 
At 12:12 PM , Blogger katina said...

You look a little wind-burnt, my dear chap.

 
At 1:48 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Yes indeed, Good Lady...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home