Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Friday, August 24, 2012

Twenty Days

I was just updating my bike-commute log an noticed that I have hit the 20-days mark. It's not a lot of days, but it is a start...

In the meantime, the Achilles Tendon seems to be holding up, so far. I think I am going to have to something about the grip area on the handlebars, though.

Right now, I have the ends of the mustache bars wrapped with cork tape. Normally, that works pretty well, for me. But, lately, my wrists have been bothering me. This could be partly due to my increased time playing guitar as Steve and I rehearse the material for the CD, I suppose.

Whatever is causing it, I want to fix it. I have already raised the bar height, a bit. That helped, but didn't totally fix it.

On my ti bike, and the Bridgestone XO-2, I have ergo- style Mtn grips on the bars, in an effort to avoid numb hands (a problem I have had, on the bike, for 20 years). I think I might put some on this bike, as well. I have been talking about doing so, for a while....

Anyway...20 days and counting...

X

6 Comments:

At 8:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep counting!

 
At 2:14 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

That's awesome! Apparently you're well back in the swing of things. I hope the achilles holds up. How's progress on your album, by the way?

 
At 7:21 PM , Blogger MELI. said...

looks like a step, or rather ride, in the right direction
xxom

 
At 7:44 PM , Blogger Wilson said...

20 days is no small potato's. Well done! Don't understate your achievement.

 
At 11:49 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Thanks for the kind words, everybody !

Apertome: I just sent out an update on Kickstarter, about the album. Basically, Steve and I had an awesome practice session, tonight, and things are clicking. I hope to stay on schedule, but I am more interested on putting out the best version I can, even if it puts us back a few weeks..,

 
At 4:48 AM , Blogger Big Oak said...

Congrats on the commuting. I hope you find some grips/handlebar arrangement that works.

Glad to hear the pain is from playing guitar! Just remember, people of our experience don't heal as quickly as those with lesser experience.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home