Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Friday, August 17, 2012

On The Salt

As I type this, a motorcycle is passing, a quarter-mile away on a return run for a world speed record. There is only a half-day's racing, today, starting with the return runs of those who exceeded the old record on their class, yesterday. After they are through, vehicles which exceed a record have to make their return run, as well, today.

I met one of the SCTA (Southern California Timing Association) officials, earlier, and told him that it was my first time here, and I really didn't know where I could/couldn't go, what was happening where, etc. Pat took the time to show me around and bring me up to speed (pun intended).

Heckuva nice guy, and he seems to encompass the attitude of the whole organization. For a motorsports event, this sure is friendly to the public. It's almost as though a bunch of friends are just getting together to show off with their vehicles.

All of the vendors are gone, but I hope to get a jacket pin, or something, when the SCTA merchandise trailer opens. Can't come all of this way without getting som "flair"!

X

2 Comments:

At 8:32 PM , Blogger limom said...

Pics or it ain't happening.

 
At 11:01 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Check the Tumblr that I linked to for some quick snaps. Picture post on this blog, coming soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home