Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, March 04, 2012

Thinning The Herd

Well, I finally made the decision to get rid of some bikes, since I am beginning to feel like I should be on the Hoarders tv show...

So, I posted an ad on Craigslist, Friday, to sell the Fat Sand Bike.  I was still ambivalent about getting rid of it, but I figured I would have plenty of time to change my mind if I felt like it, CR being as flaky as it is.

Tonight, a fellow drove down from Westminster and bought the bike.  (So much for having some time to think about it.) But, I think it will serve him well, for his purposes, and I am glad to pass it along to someone who will get good use from it.

Now, to list a few more...

x

6 Comments:

At 9:27 PM , Blogger Jerome said...

ah good for you! I'm been simplifying my collection from a one time 27 ridable bikes (all mine, not my wifes or kids) to now having only 4. an extracycle, a cruiser - which doesn't really count because it's not really for real cycling - a fixie and my LHT. The coin toss is going on soon between my fixie and LHT as the last real bike in my stable. It's kind of nice actually. I used to waste a lot of time and energy deciding which bike I should take before a ride, trying to match the bike with the exact current conditions. Now, I pretty much just decide if I want gears or not and go:)

Good luck with the rest my friend. I've found it to be such a liberating experience.

 
At 2:21 AM , Blogger adventure! said...

Why did you decide on getting rid of the Fat Sand Bike? You seemed to like it ok from what I remember. Does the Mukluk suit you better?

 
At 6:01 AM , Blogger Jon said...

I did like the FSB but, yes, the Mukluk does suit me better. It is more off-road capable, and that makes it better for me.

If I had the space and money, I would have kept them both.

 
At 6:02 AM , Blogger Jon said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:00 PM , Blogger adventure! said...

Yeah, I can understand. I've sold off bikes when they're too similar to another bike I own. I'd rather have variety and similarity in my fleet.

OT: Seems like we've lost the ability to "subscribe" to comments on your blog. So I can only see if you respond if I check back in.

 
At 9:21 AM , Blogger LvilleTex said...

Need to motivate to do the same.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home