Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Fun/Not Fun

As I left the house, this morning, there was about 10 inches of snow on the street.  For once, the weather guessers got it right, and we actually got the big storm they had been promising.  But, even though the snow was deep, it was rideable, and I had a fun ride into the lab.

My return trip, however, was no fun at all.  During the day, the auto traffic on the streets had churned the snow up, in places, rather than packing it down.  I ended up pushing the bike about as much as I rode it.  In fact, I had to carry it for a block, at one point, because I couldn't roll it!

It took me over two hours to cover the nine miles between the lab and home.  I was not happy, when I got here.

Thousand yard stare...

I had shoveled the walk and part of the drive, before I left this morning.  During the day, we got a few more inches of accumulation:



You can see the tracks, above, where I rode the bike into the driveway.  Notice the footprints where the cranks dug down into the snow. The snow is almost up to the bottom bracket on the bike, which is 13-1/2 inches high, since I converted the bike to 700c wheels:


I am heading for Tennessee, tomorrow morning, to spend Christmas with my mom.. I am hoping it won't snow while I am there.  I have already had enough of this for the winter, and the snowiest months are yet to come.

x

3 Comments:

At 5:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like you will be safe from snow in Tennessee - hope you have or are having a pretty good trip. Talk to you later. --Joy

 
At 12:21 PM , Blogger Oldfool said...

You live too far north.

 
At 10:29 AM , Blogger Wilson said...

You look positively glazed-over. That was some tough going for sure.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home