Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Saturday, December 03, 2011

Snow! This Entire Mountain Is made of Snow!

One of my favorite scenes from Better Off Dead is when Charles De Mar (played by Curtis Armstrong) makes the exclamation about the snow, and starts snorting it off of his tophat.  It is a totally absurd scene, in a movie full of them.

I rode to Kaladi Brothers, and back, in the midst of a large amount of snow this morning.  It was the first time I had been on a bike in a couple of weeks, and it felt good.


I could have ridden in the snow going to work and back, Thursday and Friday, but I was out sick.  I had a heck of an allergic reaction to something, and ended up with a hives-like rash (Allergic Dermatitis, as the doctor said, yesterday) on my neck, wrists and groin.  It felt a lot like someone had poured gasoline on me and set it on fire.

The doc asked if I had worn any new clothes, used a new detergent or shampoo, etc, trying to find an explanation for it.  The only new and/or unusual thing in my life was my little fir tree that Joy sends me for Christmas, every year.  I noticed that my head stopped up, immediately, as I pulled it out of the box, last week.  I ended up putting it on my table in the front yard, Wednesday night.

The tree looks pretty cool with the snow on it.

The rash is better, and the antihistamines, plus prescription anti-itch cream have allowed me to finally sleep through a night.  So, hopefully, I am done with that nonsense.

Looks like I will get to ride on some ice and snow for the next few days.  I'm looking forward to it.

x

5 Comments:

At 7:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you didn't like the poisonous tree? Some people are so hard to please!
--Joy

 
At 1:15 PM , Blogger Jon said...

I liked it. It didn't like me...

 
At 7:15 PM , Blogger nordic_68 said...

Hey, is that the Kaladi near DU? I haven't been there but it's not many blocks from my inlaws...

 
At 8:35 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Sure is. My normal morning haunt on the weekends.

 
At 1:58 PM , Blogger adventure! said...

"Don't you know what the street value of all this stuff is?"

I think I got the quote right. Jon, you probably get what I mean. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home