Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gimme a Brake

I have a new super-secret skunk works bike project in the works, and I have begun to gather the parts I don't already have in the shop.


I got these Tektro high-profile cantilevers from Niagara Cycle Works.  They supposedly are pretty powerful, but I bought them mostly because they will fit the aesthetics of the frame I am building up.

I will be using my old Campagnolo Racing Triple drivetrain.  I am trying to decide whether to use the Campy ErgoShift levers (brake and shifter combo), or to use bar-end shifters and separate brake levers.

I like the Ergo levers, but they don't really go with the frame.

Decisions...decisions...

I'll post more info, including photos of the frame, soon.

x

2 Comments:

At 8:27 PM , Blogger Pondero said...

Secret, eh? I won't tell anyone.

I'm pleased to hear that others sometimes chose components based on aesthetics. Enjoying the way my bike looks is part of the experience.

 
At 8:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

secret bike project, hmm?!

don't keep us hangin' for to long.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home