Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Grand Ride

I decided to take a little jaunt on the Scrambler, this evening, since  I was close to 1,000 miles on the odometer.  I really just didn't want to hit the grand on my commute, tomorrow.

As I walked out to get on the bike, the sun was shining brightly, and big, fat raindrops were bombing down out of the sky.

Click this picture for the large version, and you can see the teacups of falling water.

Undaunted, I donned my helmet and headed north.  I figured I'd hit Common Grounds, over at 38th and Lowell, for a cuppa.  I soon ran out from under the rain, and enjoyed the relatively cool temperature.  It's been in the 90s, for a few days, and it is supposed to top 100 in a couple of days, so the 80-degree day we had, today, was nice.

As I crossed I-25 on Speer, the odometer on the Scrambler rolled over to 1000.0 miles.  I was able to snap a shot at the next red light.

Seemed like a milestone to me.  Kind of a goofy picture, though, when you think about it.  Oh, well...

I cruised around a bit, and eventually ended up at Common Grounds.

I sat at a window table, and enjoyed a really nice cup of coffee.  I don't know what the brew was, but it was very smooth and easy to drink.  The joint was pretty full, but it was quiet, almost subdued.  It was a nice change from the hectic din of Kaladi Brothers.

As I rode home, I stopped and took a picture of the Mother Ship coming in for a landing:

I stopped and filled up with gas, on my way into the neighborhood.  I am amazed by the mileage I am getting.  This tank netted 62.1 mpg!
Now, the bike is safely tucked away in the man cave, and the dogs and I are sitting in the back yard feeding the mosquitos.  Once I close the laptop, I'll spend a little time watching for bats.  I saw four, last night (or else, I saw the same bat four times, not sure which). 

Either way, it beats the TV all to hell.

x

6 Comments:

At 10:06 PM , Blogger Mark said...

There is a coffee shop in Lexington KY called common grounds.

 
At 5:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mothership looks like a jellyfish to me (one of the big colonial ones - a Man O'War or a By the Wind Sailor). Just a biologists' perspective, I guess.
--J

 
At 6:15 AM , Blogger Pondero said...

Sounds like a grand evening in more ways than one. And, yep, bats over TV, hands down.

 
At 6:15 AM , Blogger Jon said...

Maybe the aliens at the helm are jellyfish-like, and this is just their idea of a sleek design...

 
At 9:49 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

Nice! The man cave is certainly worthy of envy, as well.

 
At 10:21 PM , Blogger Mandie said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

Thanks!

Mandie Hayes
mandie.hayes10@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home