Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Dusty

 It was windy, today, but I had been  unable to get out on the bike for any any real amount of time, all weekend.  So, I took off at about 10:15 and headed south.  I rode down Santa Fe to Sedalia, then cut over to Highway 105 to Monument, then gassed up.

From there, I went east to Colorado Highway 86, and went north to Franktown.  Then, west through Castle Rock, back to 105.  From there, I took Jackson Creek Road up to Rampart Range Road.  It had been a while since I climbed up Jackson Creek, and even longer since I rode a motorbike on a gravel road.  So, I wasn't particularly fast, but I had a lot of fun.

The cell phone was obviously having trouble with the exposure levels on this sunny day.

I took Rampart Range Road north to where it hits Pine Creek Road (67), then turned back east to return to Sedalia.  From there, it was back up Santa Fe, to Denver and home.  I pulled into the driveway at about 1:15.

All in all, it was a nice ride, though a bit windy.  I put 150 miles on the bike, and got it a little dusty.  At least it will look like it has been ridden when I take it in for the 500-mile warranty check, this week.

x

1 Comments:

At 8:47 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

Man. That sounds like a really fun ride. I saw some motorbikes out today and felt jealous!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home