Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Saturday, May 07, 2011

Night Rider (Remember me when you look at the night sky...)



After working on the bike, today, I just couldn't help going on a ride.  The sun was down before I left the house, so I turned west and headed for one of my favorite nighttime rides: Lookout Mountain.  The road is temporarily closed, near the top, so I pulled off at the last overlook before the closure and took in the city lights.


There was fellow rider there, when I pulled in.  We were talking bikes when a third rider pulled in on a KLR 650.  He was a young guy, just out of college, and he told us that he was going to Alaska to be a fire fighter.  He is going to fight fires in order to make the cash to fund a ride to Argentina on the KLR.

He took off, after making a phone call, and the first fellow and I kept talking bikes for about a half an hour.

It was a fun ride, even though Brad and Randy were both unable to join me.  It would have been nice to make it a Scrambler run on the mountain.  As it was, the weather was fine, traffic was light, and the bike was awesome.

I love warm weather!

x

2 Comments:

At 6:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you see the Interceptor?

 
At 11:39 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

What fun! That's quite a view of the city. And it's cool that you ran into some like-minded guys while you were up there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home