Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Friday, October 29, 2010

I'm Boring, Lately

Not a whole lot of posts from here, lately.  The wind has blown me away, on the way back and forth to work, but nothing much else has been going on.

I rode the vintage-style fixed gear to Kaladi's, today.  The right-hand side carb on the 450 is puking gasoline out of the overflow tube, so I have to look at it, sometime.  The leaves are falling, but it's still 70 degrees in Denver (this time, last year, I had 16 inches of snow on the yard).

Like I say, boring.

Supposed to ride with Brad, tomorrow, then go to the Webb's and make ravioli.  Maybe I'll have something more interesting to say, after that.

x

4 Comments:

At 4:40 PM , Blogger katina said...

At least you're still posting stuff. I just kinda don't do anything until something strikes.

 
At 8:32 PM , Blogger MT cyclist said...

A X02 just sold on ebay for $725.
It looked to be in pretty good shape, but had drop bars as opposed to moustache. I'm curious about whether you think that's a fair price. I know that's a pretty rare bird.

 
At 6:31 AM , Blogger Jon said...

Well, I paid $100.00 for my frame, fork and headset and built it up mostly from my spare parts bins. If I had bought the parts, even used off of eBay, it would have added up to at least $700.

It rides so nice that, frankly, I do think it's worth that. I don't know of a new bike that compares to it, for less than $1000, anyway.

 
At 10:26 AM , Blogger MT cyclist said...

I also thought that was not a bad price for an X02. (I noticed your entry on the ecovelo 'why we ride' contest. A frame for $100 would be a good deal, no doubt.
Thanks for the comments.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home