Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sunday Jam

Last Sunday, Tony came over and we set up the drums for a little jam session.  I turned on the video camera, and never even checked to see where it was aimed (or how it sounded).  The vocal amp was turned toward Tony, and away from the camera, so the vocals are a bit muted.

Tony would set a beat, and I would try to think of one of my songs which would fit, or else improvise along with the drums.  This song actually turned out pretty well, I think, and it's a little more upbeat than the last few I've posted up at HRJG.

I put up another song from the jam on my YouTube account, if you want to check it out.

x

2 Comments:

At 12:43 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

Actually I like the one that you posted on youtube better. Seems like you and the drummer were better in sync on that one, and it's got more movement to it which I enjoyed. Probably my favorite of what you've posted yet. Though I have liked the slide stuff, so it's hard to say.

 
At 5:55 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Michael, I agree with you, actually. I posted the song on HRJG just to post something a little less "doom and gloom", since my mom told me I need to "write some happy songs".

But, "Born Loser" came out a bit better, musically, so I wanted to let people know it was there.

Back when I was still doing open mic nights, "Born Loser" was my most popular song, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home