Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Man Cave - Edited with link


It's that time of year when the motorbikes need to be under a roof, not just a protective cover.  The V-Strom is under the roof on the back porch, and the other three reside within the shop building.

I don't winterize the bikes, because I ride year-round, but they need to be protected from the elements, and in a place where the battery tenders can be plugged in.  I have to move them out, if I want to heat the joint up with the kerosene burner, but that's a small inconvenience, really, in order to keep them accessible.

Last year, I couldn't ride during a couple of months because the bikes were in the backyard storage building, and snow in the yard prevented me from getting them out to ride on the dry roads.  This should allow me more motorbike days, this year.

EDIT:  I put up another slide guitar song demo on HRJG.  If the last two haven't worn you out, check it here.

x

3 Comments:

At 5:31 AM , Blogger Big Oak said...

Did you paint your two-top tube titanium bike? I've seen a track bike just like that somewhere, except it was 100 years old. I like how it has the place of honor in your man cave.

 
At 7:41 AM , Blogger Jon said...

Bill, the bike hanging on the wall is a 100-year-old Iver Johnson (non-original wheels and fork), which was the inspiration for the second top tube on the ti bike.

I use it as a display-only piece, and don't ride it, so you rarely see it on the blog.

 
At 2:32 PM , Blogger Big Oak said...

It's a beautiful bike!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home