Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Scofflaw Coffee

Even though I haven't had a chance to register it, I just had to ride the 450 down to Kaladi Brothers, this morning.  The bike is like a time machine for me.  I started riding a motorbike in 1974, back when bikes like this were current, and it really feels oddly familiar to ride the old technology.

The drum brakes are actually really good, but the suspension is typically springy.  The rear shocks have no damping left (and had precious little, when they were brand-new), so I think I will end up replacing them (luckily, they are pretty inexpensive to replace), and I'll put a bit heavier-weight oil in the fork to firm it up a bit.  Even as-is, the bike is a hoot to buzz around on.

I spotted this nice little Panasonic mixte, next door.  I believe those are 650b wheels and tires.  The bike was ultra clean, and looked as it had just rolled off the showroom floor.

Old-school/New-school

Andy's Ducati Monster contemplates it's distant ancestral relative...

x

2 Comments:

At 12:01 PM , Blogger MELI. said...

i spot mixtes and coffee. vrooom vroom good! :D
glad to see you in the blogesphere again
bike coffee luv toyou!! <3

 
At 12:42 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

Looks like fun, you rebel!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home