Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, August 08, 2010

I Love Motorbikes Like This!

I spotted this sitting in front of a restaurant down the street from my house, last night.  Today, as I went out on the Suzuki to buy a new motorcycle cover to replace the one that Oswald shredded, I saw that the bike was still sitting there.

 It's a late-70s Honda CB 750, with the rat-bike cafe racer treatment.

I like how the front fender has been remounted.  I'm not sure why it looks good to me, this way, but it seems just a bit more "vintage", or something, with the slight up-tilt.

Looks like the headlight/speedo combo from a 1960s Honda Dream.

Pretty clean lines, except for whatever that is hanging where the original sideplate was.

Losing the original exhaust and seat took a lot of the bulk out of the bike.  I generally prefer twins for this style bike, but there is the occasional inline 4 like this that really comes out good.

All business.

Looks like it flamed out, though.  That's probably why it's still sitting in front of the middle-eastern joint, today.

I put the Suzuki on craigslist, today.  I don't think I'll be making the yearly trip to Tennessee, in the future, and it's a bit too much bike for local use (to me, anyway).  So, I hope to sell it and maybe get a Triumph Scrambler like Brad's, or a BMW 650, or something similar to knock around on.

x

1 Comments:

At 4:38 PM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

Yeah I don't think that bike will be running for awhile

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home