Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Upcoming Rides and Random Stuff

Two weeks from this Friday, on June 4th, is the 24 Hours of E-Rock race.  Randy has agreed to babysit me be my night-time camp chief again, this year.  I am really looking forward to it.  I plan to ride the titanium Funk bike, and have my old 29er (now a 650b) in reserve.

I decided to assign this bike to 650b duty, the other day, as I was exploring some options on the ti bike.  I'll explain more, this weekend, when I plan to finally do a good write-up/review about that bike.

I figure I'll probably be in the mood to do a bit of sitting and writing, on Sunday, after the 100-mile ride I have planned for Saturday.  If that ride doesn't kill me, it should be pretty fun.  It's a route I've been looking forward to since I decided to do the 12-Centuries-in-a-year thing.  The weather forecast for this weekend finally looks like it will work out (85 degrees and mostly sunny).

More, later.

x

4 Comments:

At 6:37 PM , Blogger Oldfool said...

If I had two of those I could make a real nice cargo bike.

 
At 5:00 AM , Blogger Big Oak said...

Good luck on Saturday.

 
At 10:06 AM , Blogger Jon said...

O-f: I've seen the cargo bike you already built, and it looks real nice to me. I don't think the aluminum frame would be any improvement.

Big Oak: thanks. I'll probably need it. This is a pretty ambitious route. I'll give all of the details, later.

 
At 11:49 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

Good luck on the tough century ride ... I think I've caught the bug. Oh no.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home