Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Friday, January 01, 2010

The Requisite Yearly Mileage Blog-Post

I know that this is probably of little interest to anyone other than myself, but I want to put it down for my own benefit, anyway.

Commute miles since 05/01/2007: 9466.2
Consecutive bike commute days: 547

Commute miles in 2009: 3425.4
Commute days in 2009: 198

Miles on the truck in 2009: 1597.5
Miles on the motorcycles in 2009: 3000 (approximate)

The bike mileage dropped, compared to 2008 (3701), as did the days (213). Car mileage went up a bit, from 1340 in 2008. Yeah, I'm getting lazy in my old age.

Actually, I purposely drove a bit more, this year, because the battery and other things on the Nissan were beginning to show signs of neglect. It takes a certain amount of use to keep a car in good operating condition, apparently.

I have no idea what my total bicycle mileage for the year is. So much of my non-commute riding (like today's ride) is done on bikes with no odometer that I can't really say. I do know it is somewhere over 5000 miles.

I also figure that 2010's mileage will probably be higher, if for no other reason than the fact that I plan on riding the 12 centuries, in addition to everything else.

Kinda makes me tired just thinking about it...

Nah. Just kidding. I'm looking forward to every mile!

x

2 Comments:

At 11:59 AM , Blogger katina said...

one of my coworkers has her niece come over when they're out of town solely to turn on the faucets and flush the toilets every day...which is only funny because I'm sure those things could go a week without use and be perfectly fine.

But yes, I know about the keep driving the car to keep it running thing--when we got married my car sat in the garage for 3 weeks, and when we came back, Shawn had to jump start it.

 
At 2:26 PM , Blogger Matt said...

actually - I like number driven posts like this now and again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home