Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

I Apparently Dress Like a Comic Book Character

About as dapper as I get...

I had the day off, on Friday and after a week of dressing like an Eskimo to ride to work (temps 5 or 6 degrees either side of zero F, Mon-Thurs) I decided to make myself presentable before riding down to the coffee shop. Of course, everyone asked me why I was "dressed up".

I guess that says more about what I usually wear, than about what I was wearing on Friday...

"Sporty" attire...

Today, I was feeling a bit more sporty, so I dressed in what I consider "bike specific" clothing. Knickers avoid getting pants cuffs dirty either from the chain or road spray. Leg warmers and/or ski socks provide plenty of lower-leg warmth, and stretchy wicking and insulating layers on top allow for freedom of movement and comfort on the bike.

When I walked into the coffee shop, my friend Brewster was sitting with one of his pals, and gave me sort of sideways glance. "What?" I asked, as I was removing my sweatshirt.

"Your clothes," he replied. "You look like Tintin."

"I take that as a compliment," I said, sitting down. And then, Brew and I had to explain the phenomenon of Tintin to the other fellow at the table.

Tintin in his customary plus-fours, sweater over collared shirt and jacket...

This is, actually, pretty much the look to which I aspire. Couldn't be because of all the Tintin adventures I read as kid, could it?

x

5 Comments:

At 10:14 PM , Blogger getinlost said...

Nah. Your just weird.

p.s. The end nigh.

 
At 4:19 PM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

Hey "TINTIN",Does Schwalbe make those tires in a studded version?They would be perfect for my winter commuter.By the way the XO-2 looks sweet!

 
At 5:20 PM , Blogger Jon said...

getinlost: Yep, I am.

frankenbiker: As far as I know, the Marathon Winter 26x1.75 is the narrowest (most narrow?) studded tire that Schwalbe makes in the 26" size.

And, thanks. I'm digging the XO. I have a thing for white bikes, in general, and the XOs in particular.

 
At 7:45 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

I don't think I could pull of the knickers look. But you make it work, even if ends up a little like Tintin. I like the vest, by the way.

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Apertome: Thanks, man. I really appreciate the positive comments. After the day that I've had, they meant more than I can say.

Have a great Christmas, if I don't get another chance to send greetings. Hold your wife close, and count your blessings.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home