Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Nice Weekend Weather = Time Flies

XO soaking up the sun in the alley outside of Kaladi Bros. Coffee, Saturday morning...

You can tell that we had a healthy dose of that famous Denver sunshine, this weekend. Temperatures were mild, with lows in the low 30s and highs in the mid-to-upper 50s. Just about as good as it gets, in December.

I finally remembered to put an Association of Caffeinated Wheelmen pin on my bag. Now, the XO-2 is officially a caffeinated vehicle. (I have about 10 pins available, if anyone is wanting one. $6.00, shipped.)

This morning I joined Keith and his wife at the Cozy Cottage, for breakfast, on Downing Street. I had never even noticed the place, and I think it has not been open for very long.

The food was terrific, and the dining room is...intimate. The eating area of the restaurant is about the size of my front room (although the ceiling is higher, thankfully). You end up pretty much elbow-to-elbow with the other customers, but it's still pretty pleasant.

Two days can fly right by, when you're having fun. Tomorrow, it's back to the old salt mines. At least I have Thursday and Friday off. As George Jetson says, "Man! These three-day workweeks are murder!"

Speaking of murder, I trapped another mouse, today. That's 4 in the past week. I'm hoping that I don't get many more. I don't really enjoy dealing with them.

Tomorrow is the start of Winter, and the day with the least amount of sunshine for the year. The days start getting longer, after that, and we start the long, slow trip back to Summer's warmth. I can't wait. Riding the bike to work is so much more convenient when I don't have to wear half of my wardrobe, at once.

In the meantime, I'll soak up the occasional ray of sunshine, and dream of greener times.

x

6 Comments:

At 7:36 PM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

I don't know if it is just me,or is it disturbing to anyone else that the 2 giant chickens in front of the resturaunt look like sunny side up eggs with combs and beaks?CREEPY!!

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger Jerome said...

Hey Jon,

I've been trying to get a caffeinated wheelmen pin for some time now. Can I buy one of those ten that you've got now? I'll send you an email.

Cheers.

 
At 9:46 PM , Blogger katina said...

'sup, we're in town for the week (we leave on Saturday AM). We should try to get together some time.

 
At 7:25 AM , Blogger Jon said...

Katina:

How about Wednesday night? Email me and I'll shoot you my digits, so we can figure it out on the phony-phone.

J

 
At 11:15 AM , Blogger katina said...

Hey, emailed your msn account.

 
At 11:36 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

Glad you finally got some nice weather, you've really had it rough for a while. Your comment about wearing half your wardrobe at once cracked me up. So true!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home