Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

The New Year is A-Dawning

I thought about doing one of "that was the year that was" posts, today. But, I decided to not. If you want to see what all happened in the World Of Jon, this year, just scroll through the blog archives and you'll see it all.

I decided to, instead, look to the future and let you all in on my plans and hopes for the upcoming year. I'm hoping 2010 is going to a bit more upbeat for us all.

I am planning on playing more music, this year, than I did in 2009 (hence the picture at the top of the post). I have some nice instruments which have set around collecting dust, all year, and I plan to rectify that. Along that line, I signed up for an 8-week Intermediate Guitar class at Swallow Hill. I need something to make me practice and learn, rather than just sit around playing songs I already know. Classes start next Thursday evening.

I am also working on a CD of original material. Once it is done, I will make it available in some form or another, to those who are interested.

A big plan, for this year, is to clear the Love Shack of all the clutter I have accumulated. The Shack is just over 600 square feet, and I have about 1000 square feet of stuff in it. So, if I haven't used something within the past 6 months, it's going away; either through donation to a thrift store or sales on CR and eBay. I will retain one bookshelf's worth of books, the clothes I actually wear, etc. My goal is to end up with some wall space that doesn't have a piece of furniture in front of it.

Also, I am going to use the money I made selling the P200 (Piaggio scooter) to rehab my bathroom. My whole house is a little shabby, but liveable, except for the bathroom. The floor joists need replacing, the flooring needs to be replaced and I am going to rip the tub surround out and tile the walls (and add a window over the tub - frosted glass). Plus, the water heater needs to be fully enclosed, and the ante-room needs to be rearranged.

Wish me luck on all that. I need to have it done by the time the Strains come to visit in August.

I also will get my storage building moved into position to use as a motorcycle garage, and put down the pavers needed for that. My back problems prevented me from getting that done, last year. This year, I am not letting the back dictate what I do. I'll just up the painkillers, if it decides to bother me. (I have an appointment for my second epidural steroid shot in February.)

On the bike front: I am shutting down the Grinder Bikes enterprise, for the time being. I will build the occasional bike on request, and I might build a couple up just to sell, every now and then. But, I plan on riding bikes, this year, rather than working on everyone else's.

To that end, I want to get in at least one 100-mile ride per month (with three of those being offroad rides). Plus, I will be racing in the 24 Hours of E-Rock, once again. Last year I met my goal of 100 miles ridden before sleeping. This year, I am upping that number to 120 miles.

Back on the creative side, I have let my art slip, this year. In 2010, I will produce at least two complete comic books, in addition to whatever paintings, drawings, sculpture, etc. I manage to put out.

I might even get in some time to sleep, along with all of this!

Stay tuned, to see how it goes.

x

5 Comments:

At 6:13 PM , Blogger Oldfool said...

I will stay tuned to see how it goes.

 
At 7:30 AM , Blogger Big Oak said...

Good Luck on the bathroom. For such small rooms, they require a ton of work to re-do. I don't mean to scare you, you'll be able to take care of that work easily.

 
At 1:44 PM , Blogger katina said...

Man those are some major house overalls. Good luck with that.

 
At 2:31 PM , Blogger Matt said...

Man I wish we lived closer. I play bass (upright and electric) and am always looking to jam around. Just got a uke for my birthday and have been trying to piece together some original stuff.

And also I love comics.

 
At 7:17 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

Good goals, I have let some of my other hobbies fall by the wayside as well, and hope to change that in 2010.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home