Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Tripod!

When I was a kid, I knew a three-legged dog named Tripod. This post is not about him (although, if I ever adopt a a 3-legged dog I will certainly use the name, myself).

No, this is about a rather affordable camera tripod I picked up, today.

I was shopping at Ross, today, when I happened to see a small spotting scope for $6.99. I was first attracted, and amused, by the wording on the package: European Design...American Attitude...Made in China. Very international!

Then, upon closer inspection, I noticed that the scope mounted onto a small plastic tripod by means of a thumb screw. That thumb screw looked very much like the camera mount screws on photo tripods.

So, I bought it, and took it home. I figured that, even if it didn't work with my camera, I would still end up with a cool little scope.

As you can see from the picture, the camera mounted right up. Now, I have a tripod to steady the camera when I am taking close-up pictures of small items, or timed shots.

Not bad for $6.99 (and I still have the scope, too).

x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home