Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

The biscuits and country ham are prepared and ready to be eaten for breakfast, when I arrive at Dave and Linda's to help cook. We are having a small get together, this year, of only 9 people. Still, in view of the fact that we had to skip last year's gathering, I am glad (thankful) that we have that many "orphans" (no relatives in Colorado) to share the day.

What else do I have to be thankful for in a year which has seen a pay cut at work, six months of back problems and the virtual evaporation of my little side-business of fixing up and selling bikes? Plenty.

I'm grateful for family, even though I can't be with them today. I'm thankful that I am relatively young and healthy, able to ride my bike and enjoy the beautiful area in which I live.

I'm thankful for friends who are as close as family.

Also, I am thankful to have the basic needs of life taken care of; food, clothing, shelter. Even my dogs make me realize that I am lucky, and I'm thankful for the canine circus act they perform, just by being themselves.

Mostly, I'm just thankful to still be kicking around, taking it all in.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

x

4 Comments:

At 10:11 AM , Blogger getinlost said...

Happy Thanksgiving little orphan Jonnie. I am disavowed from my family, but my wife's really make up for that.

I know that this might be too far in the future, but what does your crystal ball see for your New Years Day ride?

 
At 7:59 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Hey, Carl!

Well, I definitely see a ride happening, but I've not done any real planning, yet.

I'll be making a post about it, beforehand, though.

 
At 8:47 PM , Blogger getinlost said...

Sounds great. I am already laying the groundwork for attending.

 
At 11:42 AM , Blogger MELI. said...

happy thxgvn!! eat lots, ride lots ;DDD

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home