Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Three Days Ago, It Was 75 Degrees

Today, the forecast high is 38F (EDIT: It actually only got up to 30, today, according to the weatherman on the nine o:clock news) . That's November in Denver, though.

Obviously, the studded tires are back on the commuter. I am going back and forth, in my mind, as to whether or not I need to put the chains on. The last snow was deep enough that I really would have benefited more from the tire chains than the studs (which are really only effective on ice).

This snow seems much less out of place, more timely, than the storm that we had in October. It is a bit more normal to have a good snow in November. Winter is here, regardless of what the calendar says.

This is one of the bike racks at The University of Denver (DU). As much as it costs to go to school there ($45,000 per year, according to the DU website), you would think that they could at least provide covered bike parking...

x

5 Comments:

At 3:42 PM , Blogger Matt said...

I (heart) this blog. I find it inspirational. I never actaully thought I'd be thinking about riding around in the winter, but now I am.

Ever thought about doing a post on tips for riding in the snow? (recommended equipment, technique, cautions, etc) Just curious.

Keep up the awesome work. Hello from IN.
Matt

 
At 3:51 PM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

I guess that's coming my way, since it was 70 here in ohio today.

 
At 9:23 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Matt: I hadn't really thought of doing so. But, it sounds like an interesting idea (to me, anyway, and hopefully to others).

I'll give it some thought, and try to post something up, soon.

 
At 10:36 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

Geez, man. Pretty harsh! We had temps in the 70s this weekend, and it was wonderful. I doubt we'll be seeing snow for a while here, but you never know ...

 
At 2:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's in the high 50s and everybody's complaining over here! You are a brave, brave cyclist. I second the vote for a post on winter riding techniques, even though I don't think I'll be facing those conditions down here in New Orleans. I love adventure cycling tips!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home