Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Hanging Out With the Guys

I have been dealing with a herniated disc since the middle of May. The herniation apparently impinges on the Sciatic Nerve, and causes constant leg pain.

Today I got an epidural cortico-steroid injection (they use a really long, scary-looking needle to stab your spine, by the way). It went smoothly, and was surprisingly a not too unpleasant experience.

Now, I am in the middle of 24 hours of doctor-prescribed sloth. So, the dogs and I are lying about listening to tunes and taking it easy.

I am cleared to ride the bike, tomorrow afternoon, and it's supposed to be in the mid-70s (F), here. So, I think I might actually do something kinda rare (for me) and actually go for a ride...as opposed to riding to a destination.

The leg/back already feels better, so I think I'll take advantage of the (also doctor-prescribed) sick day from work and actually enjoy myself a bit.

x

8 Comments:

At 6:06 PM , Blogger katina said...

sucky about the disc.

 
At 7:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it went well - at least the long scary needle was behind you most of the time.
-Joy

 
At 5:36 AM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

Sorry to hear about your back,not the kind of discs you think you would hear about on this blog.hope that you start feeling better soon.Go for that ride to nowhere,it'll put you at ease.

 
At 11:37 AM , Anonymous Dave said...

Hope the shot helps

 
At 11:37 AM , Anonymous Dave said...

Hope the shot helps

 
At 5:32 AM , Blogger Big Oak said...

I hope you get feeling better soon.

 
At 8:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

How´d you get a herniated disc?

 
At 1:23 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Richard: That's the scary part: I don't know how I got it. I didn't do anything that I can connect to the problem. I was standing in the living room, one day, and suddenly locked up with pain.

Just getting old and worn-out, I suppose.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home