Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Snowy Commute

We got a little dusting of snow, here on the Front Range, today.

Imagine what it would look like if I didn't have fenders!


At least the disc brakes still work, in these conditions.


At one point, I rode about a quarter mile putting firsy tracks on a bike path behind GW High School. The snow had drifted up deep enough that the chainring was completely under the surface as I rode.


My street was pretty representative of what I rode through on the way home. Some less-traveled streets had only one set of tracks, and it was hard to keep my wheels in the clear portion of the road where I could roll. I fell only once, but I sure did come close about a hundred times other than that. All in all, the conditions added about 14 minutes (30%) to my normal commute time.

It's been snowing for close to 24 hours, here at my house, and they are calling for another 12 or 16 hours of snowfall. The forecast is for 10 to 16 inches in my neighborhood, more to the west and the south.

Tomorrow's commute promises to be interesting.

x

5 Comments:

At 2:26 AM , Blogger MELI. said...

looks like you'll remember to drink plenty of coffee. Amazing and beautiful. brrrrrrrrr ;)

 
At 5:53 AM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

Not to gloat,but it was 65 degrees here in Ohio yesterday and I rode my fixed gear to look at a new work space to rent closer to home"IN SHORTS"

 
At 9:21 AM , Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

Ahh, I have fond memories of snow biking in the Colorado Front Range.

 
At 12:08 PM , Blogger katina said...

i hope it calms down a little so we can get to denver for christmas.

 
At 3:07 PM , Blogger Big Oak said...

I was thinking about you when I heard the news that CO was getting snow. I knew you'd put it on your blog.

Here in Indiana, that's a lot more than a dusting, but compared to the additional snow you're supposed to get, I guess it is just a dusting now.

Good Luck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home