Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Kyle Got His Bike

The box arrived, yesterday, and work commenced, immediately, to get it assembled. Once done, it was time for a test-ride, despite temps in the upper 30s and rain.

Apparently, it had escaped Kyle's attention that I was installing disc brakes on the bike. His mom said it was a pleasant surprise to him.

Now, he's got a bike for rough trail riding, which should hold up to the Western Pennsylvania mud and grit.

x

3 Comments:

At 1:28 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

Excellent ... now that's a happy kid! That's your nephew, right?

I didn't know they made those disc brake adapter things. Pretty cool.

 
At 2:06 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Yep, that's the eldest nephew. I enjoy my role as Crazy Uncle Jon, and try to spoil him and his brother to the best of my abilities, from this long distance.

 
At 12:18 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

Can you tell me a little about the disc brake adapter? As you might remember, I had a canti stud brake on my old mountain bike. How much of an ordeal is it to install the disc adapter? I guess you then need a new wheel, brake, etc? What about spacing?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home