Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday Bikes

A friend dropped by, this morning, and we decided to ride over to Pete's, on Pearl and Alameda, for breakfast. They weren't open, yet, so we ended up wandering over to Lucille's. (I can't get the photo to rotate. Sorry.)

This was the napkin I got.

We parked with a few other bikes. I rode the new Monster Cross. It's almost good to go; a couple of small adjustments, and it'll rock. I think I'll keep it, and see if I can't get someone to buy the Orange Bike, by lowering the price a bit.

Another red and black motorbike.

Dad and two girls rolling in for breakfast.

The scooterati were also out, today.

More scooters showed up. When the green one rolled in, I went over to talk to the guy about the paint job. It was done by "some guy in Littleton." I thought it was odd that the guy didn't know the name of his painter.

A close-up of the green ghost flames on the Vespa.

I ended up having shrimp and grits, with Cajun Sausage, and a huge hunk of biscuit. Darn good eats. Coffee was good, too.

Spent the rest of the day working on a bike for the eldest nephew. More on that, later.

x

2 Comments:

At 7:57 PM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

A sad day and a tragic loss for Cleveland and the family and friends of Sylvia Bingham.She was a 22 year old graduate of Yale University who lived and worked in nearby Tremont, Ohio.She was struck and killed on her bicycle by a semi truck on the morning of Sept. 15th 2009,while cycling to work at Hard Hatted Women where she helped tradeswomen become mentors.We will be having a silent memorial ride for her on Tues.the 22nd from her home to Hard Hatted Women's offices for those who were close to her to say a few words.I have never been a very religious man,but her family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Man...tough news, my man. My thoughts are with you and her family.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home