Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday Morning Bikes

Here are a few bikes (motorbikes and pushbikes) which I saw while out for coffee, this morning.

This Honda 4-cylinder Rat Bike lives just on the other side of Colorado Blvd. I've stopped and looked at it a few times, on the way by, but never had my camera with me...until today.

I love flat-black motorbikes. And, the red wheels really set this one off.

The Ducati MultiStrada is a nice bike. Brad had one, when they first came out. Again, the red and (glossy) black go well, together.

I see this bike a lot at Kaladi Bros. Pretty typical "urban mtb".

Surly Long Haul Trucker. Also a regular at the coffee shop.

Hey, who let that thing park here?! (My new kickstand.)




Nice, older, upper-end Panasonic . First time I've ever seen this one.


I built this bike up for one of the regulars, a couple of years ago. The bars were originally inverted, but Tom decided there was too much drop and flipped them. I like it, either way. The rear fender is from an old cruiser, and the front is one I found in the street on the way home from work, one day.


A new(ish) Globe with Euro child-seat.


Another Kaladi Brothers regular. I dig the bars and upside-down shifters.

I love the number and variety of bikes I see in my neighborhood.

x

4 Comments:

At 1:11 PM , Blogger Erich Z said...

Nice variety. That Panasonic is certainly a nice bike. Nobody locks their bikes there either eh? That's how you tell a bike-friendly coffee shop.

 
At 2:29 PM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

I think that first motorcycle is/was a honda cb500 or 750,anyway it looks pretty cool.

 
At 6:35 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Erich: I was sad to see that you got rid of the Bridgestone. I hope it went to a good home.

Frankenbiker: I had a '74 CB 750, for a few years, but I still can't accurately tell the difference between the 750 and the 500, if it doesn't have the badges on it. i think this one is a 500, just due to the tank, but I could be wrong.

 
At 7:48 PM , Blogger Erich Z said...

I'm starting to be sad to have sold the Bstone. Oh well, college professor bought it and is using it to commute. She missed her old (stolen) XO3. I'm thinking of building up an old steel MTB into a grocery getter. Need a wheelset first.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home