Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Busy, Busy

Built and/or repaired a bunch of bikes this weekend. One of the bikes I worked on was the Schwinn Cruiser 5. I had built up a drum-brake front wheel, a while back, to match the rear. Today, I finally cabled it up, after installing matching Shimano motorcycle-style brake levers.

I also removed the Positron drivetrain, and replaced it with a cool SunTour rear derailleur and a thumb shifter.

I also got this old 3-speed Schwinn (built by Giant Bicycles, in the 80s) up and running, so I could sell it on CraigsList. (EDIT: Sold the 3-speed at 9:00, last night. Both it and the 24" Raleigh BMX cruiser are going to Burning Man.)

Two full days of bike work. Man, I'll be glad to get back to work and get some rest!

x

2 Comments:

At 7:04 AM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

Is the Schwinn cruiser for sale as well?Great bike by the way,it just oozes style.Where did you get that motorcyvle stle springer fork?

 
At 7:21 AM , Blogger Jon said...

I hope to sell it, eventually. Problem is, I already have about $300 in it, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to turn it around without a loss. It may be one of those bikes which ends up being mine, by default.

I got the fork from an eBay store. I love the looks of it, but it took me about an hour and a half og messing around with it to get everything aligned and working.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home