Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Race Time

I am racing the 24 Hours of E-Rock, starting at 6:30, tomorrow evening. And, I imagine that I will spend Sunday recovering. However, if I have internet coverage on the Crackberry, at the venue, I'll try to post an update or two. Don't hold your breath, though, as I might very well forget all about it in the midst of "racing".

I put that in quotation marks because I plan to ride as slowly as I can make myself ride, in order to stay on the bike as long as possible. I want at least 100 miles on the clock (12 laps), and preferably more. I know that I can do that, easily, if I don't go out too hard at the outset and wear myself down too soon.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the race, unlike Moab. The Greenland
trail is actually fun to ride (rather than being the sufferfest that Behind the Rocks is), and I think this will allow the racers to test their endurance, rather than their capacity for suffering up technical climbs and through endless sand pits.

The truck is packed, the bikes are ready and I am looking forward to riding through the night, tomorrow. The moon is big and bright, tonight, so I hope that the skies clear and allow us to have the nice moonlit landscape effect for the night laps.

I'm staying up a little late, tonight, hoping to sleep late in the morning. My theory (read: hope) is that this will push the dead-sleepy time back few hours, tomorrow night. I really want to stay on the bike through sunrise, and make up for my dismal performance at Moab, last year.

Wish me luck.

x

4 Comments:

At 7:33 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

Yeah, good luck! I hope you have a good time.

 
At 8:31 AM , Anonymous Dave said...

Good Luck Jon!!
I'll try to make it out Saturday Morning if I can get a kitchen pass from Linda

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger Rat Trap Press said...

Sounds like fun! Take lots of photos.

 
At 8:43 AM , Anonymous Charles said...

Best of luck, Jon. Wish I could be there. I'm looking forward to reading about the fatigue induced, sleep deprived thoughts that migrated through your grey matter while navigating the trail.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home