Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Art Show

Well, the show went well. We had a lot of people come through (I heard an estimate of 1500, but I don't know). These pictures are from before we opened up. In the first few, I just stood in the middle of the room, and took a series of shots to try and capture the look of the whole room.

Click on the photos for the BIG version.

We ended up hanging the Evil 20 from the ceiling. The chrome bike went into another room.








I put up three framed pieces, the Icon (painted onto a dried-out old Brooks saddle) and some sketchbook pages (to fill in gaps).


The top sketch in the background is Humphrey Bogart. More on that one, later.



As you can see, a variety of styles were shown, by 7 different artists.



Two of Brad's paintings, with a photo by Adam Moore between them.

More Brad Click.






Brad's sketchy stuff leaves mine in the dust.

Bugs and frogs, from my sketchbook. I was hesitant to put sketches up, but one of them (Humphrey Bogart) was all I sold. So, I guess it made sense to show them, after all.

The Skull Trucker got place of honor in the adjacent room. This bike attracted a lot of attention, throughout the evening.




"Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up!"

The jet-setters from Austin showed up. Shawn and Katina were in Colorado recruiting for the company where Shawn works, so they stopped by on their way from Boulder to Parker. (I look old enough, on my own. Standing next to these guys makes me look like Methuselah.)
So, it was a good night. Lots of friends dropped by, and a lot of people saw my art, even if they didn't buy it. Thirty of my comic book/artist's statement/catalogue booklets went away. So, some of my art went home with people, anyway.
x

3 Comments:

At 12:06 PM , Blogger katina said...

pishaw! you don't look old!

 
At 5:02 PM , Blogger Jon said...

That's why I love you, honey. You say the nicest things...

 
At 10:38 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

Congrats on the show! I'm surprised you didn't sell more stuff, but at least people are seeing your art. Way to go!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home