Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Tour de Fat

I missed the morning "tour", but I rode over to City Park in the afternoon and checked out the festivities. The bike up on stage is a 3-speed New Belgium commuter which was raffled off.



One of the rideable "art bikes" in the corral. All of the wheels rotate as you ride.

Random bikes parked around the perimeter.





One of the Denver Cruisers guys.

I'd like to build one of these.
Drank a couple of $5.00 beers, wandered around a bit, and bought a couple of lcoally-published indy bike books, then rode home to go to the Vischers' cookout. I had a pretty nice day.
x

3 Comments:

At 2:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was there and had a great time; I really like how New Belgium Brewing made it feel like a "Bike festival that has beer.." and not vice-versa.
My Jackass friends couldn't understand why/how people would "have so much fun riding bikes to drink and talk about riding bikes..."
I explained that it would be nice if people would use bikes more/cars less and they looked at me as though dumbfounded.....I wish that more people would start to get it.

I had a really great time and met super cool people. Did you see that Nanda band? Kick ass!

 
At 3:22 PM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

I wonder if it is easy to trackstand that car tired bike.Maybe not after two $5.00 beers, LOL.If you build one make it a tall bike, it'll be much easier to balance at traffic lights.I sure love that Fat Tire Ale,but alas I cannot get it here in Ohio.Maybe you could ship me some?

 
At 4:25 PM , Blogger katina said...

way more people at the Tour de Fat at Denver than here in Austin. But then, that's probably because the tour only ever comes down here every 5 years or so.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home