Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

More Chrome!


Click for BIG

Well, I couldn't leave well enough alone. The more I looked at the chromey cruiser, the less I liked the handlebars.




So, I took the bars I had set aside for the Raleigh Twenty, and put them on, along with some Oury grips. The bars are motorcycle Clubman Bars, mounted upside down.


Skull valve caps; a present from my nephews a while back.




The headlight shell is from an old generator light set. The front swings open, so I stuffed it full of foam rubber and mounted an LED headlight inside. I just pull the LED light out, turn it on, replace it and close the front.


The skull on the headtube is just for fun.


At Kaladi Bros. coffee shop, this morning. It's a cool ride.

I'm sure I'll make a couple more changes to it. It needs a cool tail light, for instance, and some nicer pedals.

x

6 Comments:

At 11:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those handlebars make a huge difference in the overall look of the bike (for the better, of course). Also, glad to see the skulls getting some use.
--J

 
At 12:27 PM , Blogger Jon said...

I had to wait for just the right bike. It's one of those cosmic alignment things...

 
At 7:43 AM , Blogger katina said...

I like the new handlebars better.

Also, you need something on there that says "ride it like you stole it"

 
At 2:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found one of those cheap here in Cleveland Oh.,I plan on making mine a coffee shop cruiser as well.I'll send pics when it is done.

Formerly Frankenbiker--I forgot my password

 
At 2:13 PM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

Remembered it!--the password

 
At 4:38 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Mine has become one of my favorites. It's that bike I jump on to just ride around the block. Nowhere to go, just want to roll, y'know...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home