Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Yellow Bike Stays

The consensus seems to be that the Peugeot and the Specialized both should retain their current places in the herd.

To that end, I swapped a DiamondBack hybrid fork onto the bike, so that I would have enough clearance for the front fender. Then, with the aid of ever-helpful Mr. Hammer, I made a bit of clearance in the rear triangle, and shoehorned a fender in there, as well.



So, I managed to fix the only real problem I had with the yellow bike. In addition to allowing for a fender, the fork also makes it possible to mount V-Brakes, so I should be able to stop in the rain, now!

x

2 Comments:

At 8:43 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

A good decision, I think. Great job adapting it to better suit your purpose, too. I actually think that bike looks cool. It's clearly been around, but there's something great about a well-loved bike.

 
At 4:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Greetings from Nicaragua!

Jon you scared me! When I saw the post about the Peugeot, I flipped.

Glad it's still in the fleet - as it should be.

Got myself a bike - a ShenXiang mountain bike. Really a piece of crap. Actually have been spending my spare time building wheels strangely enough. You were right, not hard at all - just time consuming.

Really miss my other bikes though.

Hope all is well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home