Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Attacked By Ninjas

Ckick for BIG, if you feel the need...

At least, that's what it seemed like.

I was cranking up the one significant slope on my way to work (Dahlia, between Leetsdale and Alameda) doing about 17 or 18 mph, when I heard a "SNAP". Next thing I knew. I was augering-in on my right shoulder, my helmet whiplashed to the pavement, and my bike was all over me like a randy prom date.


The left crank had snapped at the pedal threads, launching me over the bars. The bike flipped 180 degrees forward, the top of the cyclocomputer hitting the pavement hard enough to break the mounting band.


This cut a small place on my shin, on the way by.

The shoulder is sore, my arm tingles a bit (probably pinched a nerve), but the collarbone is unbroken (YAY!).
I rode 2.7 miles back to my house, with one pedal, and swapped all my stuff over into the bags on the pink bike and then headed off to work, again.
Made it past the Ninjas, on the second try.
x

7 Comments:

At 7:09 PM , Blogger katina said...

ouch.

Shawn managed to break the skewer in the rear wheel on the Formula One. So he had to walk the next 4 miles to work. He had to go to pee so bad he used the bushes on the side of one of our friends' houses...which is seriously like a 5 minute walk from his office.

 
At 8:20 PM , Blogger Phatatude said...

Glad to hear you're ok... I guess with all of the miles you have riddin, you should have a couple of random odd occurances. Oh, and Im still lookin for a Randy Prom Date :)

 
At 1:00 AM , Blogger Will Handsfield said...

Ouch! I have a matching shoulder scar from an endo earlier this summer that ended badly. Glad you made it through with relatively minor wounds.

Just think, you worked that thing hard enough to break through a half inch of machined aluminum. That's pretty tough.

 
At 7:58 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

Yikes! That looks like it hurts ... glad to hear you weren't hurt badly. I like the cartoon illustrating the attack. Maybe you'll get THEM, next time.

 
At 10:34 AM , Blogger Brad said...

Always use anti-ninja spray before leaving the house. It's that time of year, they are breeding like mad.

 
At 1:13 PM , Blogger Tom said...

Glad your injuries are serious. Are your sure it was Ninja (i hear they are busy mating). Perhaps its the tunnel lizard.

 
At 1:14 PM , Blogger Tom said...

Um.... i meant NOT serious

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home