Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Getting Ready To Roll


I'll be riding the Trident to Tennessee, next week, so I prepped it for the road, today. The oil is changed (the exhaust system has to be removed to drop the oil filter), a new sealed no-maintenance battery is in place, and the chain is tensioned and lubed.

When I started it up, the bike ran great, then started pumping gasoline all over itself. I shut it down, and took a look under the tank. The upper fuel line had split where it slips over the nipple on the petcock. (All that sounds slightly dirty, but isn't).

Anyway, I cut the bad spot off of the line, and reinstalled it. Everything seems fine, now, and the test ride up and down the street didn't uncover any new problems.

I'll air the tires up, Friday, in preparation for an early-Saturday departure.

x

2 Comments:

At 7:54 AM , Blogger Phatatude said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:55 AM , Blogger Phatatude said...

I hope all is well, And fun is being had :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home