Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Friday, July 04, 2008

Eight Months Later


...and I finally built up the softail TREK STP.

Twenty five pounds, even, with tubes and wire-bead tires. I'll swap out to lighter tires for the 24 Hours of Moab. Hopefully, training with heavier rubber will improve my fitness a bit more. (That means I need to get on the trail, too!)


I loved my hardtail version of this bike, ten years ago. I'm thinking that this one will probably suit me as well as that one.




x

3 Comments:

At 4:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man Jon, that's awesome!

I on the other hand have had to resort to riding Shimano and Campagnolo brand bikes. Coincidentally, I've seen the exact Schwinn bike I have back home, as well as the same Raleigh Grand Prix.

I'm having cycling withdrawals. But the good news is, after just visiting my site this last week - it has two bike shops. I'm hoping to do work for them for free so I can give them some business advice. Also got the idea of arranging some sort of intercity race (24 km to the next town). Doable?

 
At 1:09 PM , Blogger Tom said...

Congrats- It looks great. Enjoy the ride

 
At 6:49 PM , Blogger Jon said...

So, Richard, are you going to buy a bike down there?

As for the race, sounds like it could be fun. make it an "all terrain" race, and it would be awesome.

Tom, thanks. I'll be checking out your blog. I grew up in West Tennessee. Not a whole lot of biking going on, there, even to this day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home