Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Friday, June 06, 2008

Another Milestone


This is the Summary Report on the CDOT Commuter Log page I use to keep up with my trips and mileage to work. (Divide the "Trips" number by two for the days I've commuted.)
I figure I would have used $260.00 worth of gas in the motorbike (at an average of $3.25/gal. for premium) and $305.00 worth of gas in the truck (at an average of $3.00/gal) during the time I've been biking, for a total fuel savings of $565.00 (or 180 gallons of gas I didn't pollute the air with, which is more important).
Factor in how much I enjoy riding my bike, and how much I detest driving in traffic and, well...makes me wonder I ever drove to work in the first place.
x


2 Comments:

At 6:30 AM , Blogger Phatatude said...

hey Mr.Grind man, are you planning on participating in WBND (world bike naked day )? I think its this weekend or next weekend depending on your city. Do It:) Maybe even a ride of your own:)

Dude, I really appreciate your blog. You are showing the rest of us out here that it really can be done. You're also making the world for my kids a better place ( I thank you from the bottom of my heart )

 
At 11:58 AM , Blogger katina said...

That's a ton of biking.

You know, for Austin being "A biking community" they sure don't have a good way for me to get from my house to my work (which is 20 miles away, so I really don't know if I'd be biking that much anyhow).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home