Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

I Made It Snow, Last Night

At 6:00 PM, last night, I watched the news and got the weather forecast: Twenty percent chance of light snow showers, mostly in the foothills, with little chance of accumulation in the metro area.

So, I went out to the shop and busted out the Miami Vice bike, and spent twenty minutes swapping bags and lights and blinkies from the Pink Bike to MV. I went to bed, secure in the knowledge that I was going to ride fixed on the way to work, enjoying the dry roads for a change.

I got out of bed at 5:00 AM, and looked out the front door only to see...two inches of snow on the road, and a steady amount continuing to fall.

So, another twenty minutes of swapping stuff around, and the Pink Bike was back on the schedule.

I'm beginning to think I need to invest in at least one more pair of panniers, so that I don't have to go through this every time it snows (or thaws). I just kinda hate to spend the money (again), especially when I consider that I am planning on getting these for the Clubman 3-Speed project.

But, hey, it's only money. And I'd rather have cool stuff than cash, I guess.

x

2 Comments:

At 9:32 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

Haha, that figures. It's like taking an umbrella with you ... it won't rain. Or if you do take one it does rain.

Those panniers are sweet. I'm really looking forward to seeing your Clubman build, that sounds like my kind of bicycle. Or the kind I'd build if I could build a bicycle.

 
At 4:48 PM , Blogger Jon said...

I finally found a frame for the Clubman. I'm going to pick it up, tomorrow. I'm hoping that the paint is good enough to leave stock, because it looks pretty cool in the pictures.

I'll post pics and details, tomorrow, after I get it home.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home