Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Couple O'Milestones

Yesterday was the first commute of the tenth month in my year-long everyday commuting endeavor. Two months to go, March and April, the snowiest and third-snowiest months of the year in theses parts.

Today, about halfway home from work, I rolled through 3,000 commuter miles since May 1, of last year. I didn't stop and celebrate, or anything. The blustery West wind was doing its best to blow me over sideways, and I felt it was probably best to just keep chooglin' along.

I choogle a lot, on the bike, lately.

The wind is supposed to bring colder temps and a chance for snow, tonight and tomorrow. I am tempted to swap the bags back over to the Scorcher or Miami Vice and just take my chances with the roads. I 'm kinda tired of riding the studded tires on clear streets, just because there may be some snow.

One other milestone approaches, this weekend: Daylight Savings Time.

I have conflicting feelings about "springing forward". I guess it will be okay to have more daylight after I get home, and the sun will be less in the eyes of drivers behind me as I ride home. But, it has been getting light as I am on the way to work, these past few days, and I've enjoyed that. After DST kicks in, it will be back to fully dark as I roll up to the building.

Oh, well. What's another six weeks, or so, of a dark morning commute?

Now, if we could just get to some long-term warm weather...

x

3 Comments:

At 3:46 PM , Blogger Brendan said...

Cheers to 3,000, Jon.

 
At 9:33 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

I'm not sure what "choogle" means but it sounds like fun.

Congrats on your 3,000 commuter miles. That's incredible ... great job. So, once you reach a year of bicycle-only commuting, are you going to keep riding every day?

 
At 4:46 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Thank you, both.

Apertome: I think I will try to do the calendar year, straight through. May 1 will make the first "12 consecutive months" that I've riddent to work, but I'd like to have a "Year" under my belt, as well.

Plus, I'm enjoying it so much I don't want to go back to driving or motorcycling to work through all of the traffic.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home