Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Clown Bike Modifications

I made some modifications to the Formula One bike, today. I took off the bullhorn bars and installed a Soma Noah's Arc, installed a computer and swapped the pedals for some of the big monsters like I have on the pink bike.


Before

After



I also finally put some tools, spare tubes and CO2 inflater on it so that I can fix flats, etc. I am thinking seriously about taking this bike to Michigan for the FGG Fixed Gear Symposium, and I want to be prepared if I do take it.

I swapped the 12-tooth cog for a 13-tooth, also. That gives me a more comfortable 65 inch gear, rather than the 70 which it had. This is basically the same gear ratio as Peugeot L'Orange, although the small, fat, tires make it feel a little different.

I thought I should ride it around for a few days with the new bars, etc., before I decide if I want to take it. So, I may have to revert to carrying the messenger bag for a couple of days this week and use the clown bike for the commute. If so, I'll do it Tuesday and Wednesday, as those will be the days when I have the least to carry back and forth.

x

2 Comments:

At 4:02 PM , Blogger katina said...

Well, on the plus side, it looks less like a clown bike without the funky handlebars...

 
At 8:49 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Yeah, it almost looks normal...in that tweaked-out on crystal meth way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home