Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Another Member of the House of Orange

You may recall, a few posts back, that I reported that Randy had found this orange Peugeot mixte for me:

When Carol saw it, she asked if she could have it instead of the white version she had been riding. I told her that she could, but she had to ride it as a fixed-gear rather than a single-speed. We agreed that I would put a flip-flop hub on it, so that she had the bail-out of a freewheel, if she needed it.

So, since I can't really get out and do a lot of riding due to snow, I built it up over the past couple of days. Flip-flop wheels, chopped and flipped bars, and an Ideale seat plus an alloy crank and new pedals bring it up to snuff.


The bell is a Peugeot item, complete with embossed lion, which came from a Peugeot 3-speed I converted last year.

Now, if the temperature would only get above freezing and clear the roads off so that we could take it on the "shake-down cruise".

x

1 Comments:

At 9:51 PM , Blogger katina said...

it's almost longhorn colored...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home