Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Blizzard of Ought-Six

Well, we are certainly going to have a white Christmas around here! We are having a real, honest-to-God blizzard here in the Mile High City. (Heavy snow and 35 mph winds make an official blizzard.)

The snow started coming down at about 5:00 A.M., and the conditions got bad enough that even CDOT finally shut down and sent us home at 11:00.

I shoveled my walk, after I got home, at noon. I've shoveled it twice in the four hours since.

Jack was a little put out that the snow was too deep for him to run around, when I let him out. So, I dug him a run in the backyard, and gave him access to the area under my utility trailer.

Look closely and you can see Jack under the trailer.

He spent about ten minutes running around like a mad-dag ("Do you like dags?") Then we came in the house, and he has been asleep on the couch since.

Of course, I forgot to put the covers on my two motorbikes. Since they are under a roof, I tend to not cover them, so it's easier to get on and ride.

I don't think I'll be riding, any time soon.

The weather service says that the storm will continue to dump snow until mid-morning, tomorrow. So, we may have 23" of flat snow, and some pretty big drifts with the 35 mph winds piling it up.

Zoooooooooooom!

x

1 Comments:

At 6:26 PM , Blogger katina said...

Zoooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home