Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

French Connection 2


A few months ago, I found this Peugeot UO8 at a yard sale, and picked it up. It is a 55cm frame, a size I can ride, but one size larger than I prefer. Still, it had been upgraded with nice Mavic G40 grey-anodized alloy rims, and it had a working generator light set on it, as well, so I thought it well worth the asking price.

I considered building it for myself, but Tracy was very interested in it, so I put it aside for her. She had bought the red UO8, which arrived in plastic wrap and no box, earlier this year, and wanted the orange one to go with it. But, she didn't want me to build it; she wanted to do the majority of the work, herself.

Of course, I later found and built up a 53cm orange UO8 for myself, as I noted a couple of posts ago.

This week, Tracy came over, and I walked her through the conversion process. She removed all of the useless parts, replaced the French bottom bracket, installed a crank, respaced and trued the rear wheel. This is how hers ended up.

She did a quite nice job, I think.

Here are a couple of shots of hers and mine, together. Quite a lovely pair

Adieu, mes amis.
x

2 Comments:

At 11:44 AM , Blogger rigtenzin said...

These are beautiful bikes.

 
At 10:08 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Thanks, I think so, too. The orange takes me back to 1974, every time I look at them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home