Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

More Painting News

I watercolored the Campy crank picture which I previously posted.

I'm pretty happy with it, but my sister liked it better as a plain pen and ink drawing.

Last night, as I was getting ready for bed, I got this sudden urge, almost a compulsion, to do a painting of Edgar Allen Poe. I am particularly fond of his work, ranging from "The Raven" to "The Gold Bug", so I included them in the painting, along with a reference to "The Pit and The Pendulum" and a bottle of Eddie's favorite beverage.

I explored using brush and ink, along with my usual pen and ink plus watercolor.

I don't know why I suddenly had to paint him, but I guess Poe is appropriate for the month leading up to my favorite holiday (Halloween/Dia de Los Muertes).

x

1 Comments:

At 9:15 PM , Blogger katina said...

Yeah, I think i like the black and white a little better...but the colored pic of eapoe is awesome.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home